Tuesday, 2 August 2016

The Berry Man

I know I am a few posts behind... So much has happened in the 10 days we have been here in Dar es Salaam. I will try to write about those soon. While you wait here are a few words about today. Focusing on the positives and, although a small one, this is a definite positive today.

We discovered that we have a 'berry man'! This guy comes every Tuesday at 6pm with fresh berries. Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. 

He comes to where we live on campus, opens the back of his van, and brings out the berries! We bring our containers and he fills them with succulent produce. Good quality, delicious tasting, REAL berries. Awesome!!! 

Today he only had strawberries. I paid 5,000 Tanzanian shillings (£1.70) for a container's worth. Far cheaper than Hong Kong! So far this is the BEST fresh fruit I have seen here. I will definitely be buying his fruit every week. Oli and I love berries!! Yum. Hope there are other fresh fruit vendors like this!!

2 comments: