It's been a week since I've finished school. It has flown by and it's been pretty busy what with packing, flying to UK, my birthday, trip to Warner Brothers and everything in between. Thankfully the last two days have been very quiet with us doing nothing more than playing in the garden (in between rain showers), watching TV, reading, playing Lego, DS and Wii. Need to stop feeling guilty about the amount of screen time Oliver has had, because I REALLY need to slow down. Hong Kong and work is so fast-paced... I can feel myself slowing down gradually, but I'm not in a completely relaxed state yet. Not sure if I ever will be! Giving it my best shot...
Step One. Over the past four days I've finished the first two books of The Hunger Games trilogy and I'm well into the third. Just what the doctor ordered... an easy, yet interesting, read that has NOTHING whatsoever to do with work. Yes, I have some 'professional' reading to do... but first I need to switch off completely and start doing things I like to do and things I miss doing.
Oliver has been more than happy to play in the garden. He LOVES being out there. Especially when he can convince Gramps to join him in a spot of rugby!
There is also a massive field and forest nearby so we have been doing some good walks in the fresh air! Well, me walking, Oliver scooting!
Being back in UK has also given me the chance to do something else I love - COOK! A real oven in a proper sized kitchen - YEE HAA! Last night a simple, but delicious meal - roast parsnips and carrots and peas with stuffing and apple sauce (half way to Christmas right?!).
So what next? Well, today is my Dad's 68th birthday (he's not up yet, so I'm on here!). I'm going to attempt to make a black forest gâteau (this used to be his favourite dessert when we were growing up). We're doing a barbeque with lamb and chicken kebabs. Another nice quiet day at home with family.
On Monday Oliver and I are heading to the New Forest to a place called Sandy Balls. We're going to stay in a lodge with good friends Gillian and Fuad. Their daughter is one month older than Oli and they (usually) get on really well when we get together! Looking forward to being somewhere new! I won't be taking my computer - so no updates until we get back! :o)
Nice to have some wheels while we are back - I MISS driving!!!
So until next time... adieu!




No comments:
Post a Comment